Friday, August 20, 2010

Newest Obsession.... Vintage Lace Repurposed

I don't usually like really lacy things. Touches of lace are beautiful and I do love me some ruffles. I guess too much lace always makes me think of old ladies. Now don't get me wrong, I love old ladies and I hope to be one someday... and that day is quickly approaching. It's just that I can't get beyond the image of the stereotypical, prim and prudish old lady with a tight hair bun and an asexual body wrapped snuggly in lace, lace, too much lace. I guess that's why I've never really been a fan of the Victorian look. (sidenote: I will always love Molly Ringwald as Andie Walsh in Pretty in Pink and lord knows she was rockin some lace) Lately I've been seeing little swatches of lace repurposed in the most interesting ways and it's changin my mind a little about those feminine looped, twisted, and braided threads. Check out these sweet etsy finds:

from White Owl's shop




That Old Blue House's shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design